Hoffman Planning, Design & Construction, Inc. is a Wisconsin-based, integrated Total Project Management firm serving clients throughout the state and across the country.
We provide clients with a single source of responsibility, from the earliest planning stages through completion of construction, using our unique approach—Total Project Management. By collaborating with our clients, we create award-winning, sustainable, and energy efficient buildings at remarkably competitive total project costs. Due to growth, we are looking to add a Project Manager to our organization.
The Project Manager is responsible for developing and managing project budgets and schedules, managing project team communication, and ensuring proper documentation of all phases of the construction project.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
1. Manage communications among all members of the project team, internally and externally; coordinate meetings including agendas and minutes
2. Manage project budget to ensure that project scope does not exceed client budget or impair company profitability; work through other team members to address budget issues
3. Develop front-end project specifications and to assure that all project specifications are project specific for all bid categories
4. Conduct subcontractor bidding and qualification process; lead negotiations on scope, price and terms
5. Coordinate issuance of construction related contract documents including specifications Divisions 0 and 1, subcontracts, purchase orders and other related documents
6. Manage project construction budget, including the management of budget and project status reports, project accounting, coordination of invoicing to the Client, payments to subcontractors and suppliers and
maintenance of project construction profit.
7. Ensure compliance with all risk management controls, including project and subcontractor insurance and bonding requirements
8. Develop and manage project schedules including deliverables, submittals, construction bulletins, RFI, etc.
9. Develop and manage construction schedule in coordination with Field Project Manager
10. Ensure timely project close-out including analysis of project profitability upon completion
11. Assist designated project leader in obtaining client satisfaction and letter of recommendation
12. May be responsible for multiple projects simultaneously
1. Jointly responsible with Field Project Manager for site safety
2. Assist design staff in selection of building materials, systems and methods of construction
3. Coordinate bidders lists and distribution of bid documents
4. Assist with business development efforts including maintaining client relationships after project ends
1. Assist as requested with orientation and training of new employees
2. Assist Project Administrators as needed to resolve client and vendor issues
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience in construction, engineering, or architectural design project management with exposure to projects of moderate scope and complexity (project or group of projects between $1,000,000 and $8,000,000 in project costs)
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, systems, materials and products, means and methods); industry practices and standards; and their impact on project activities is essential. Familiar with all aspects of design, construction, and project management delivery processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, file-sharing and business software/hardware
Physical Demands, Time Requirements and Standards Applicable to this Position:
- Available for extended hours/business day and overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license, ability to drive and be insurable under Hoffman policies at standard premium rates
- No history of violent crime, illegal drug selling or predatory behavior. Drug use or possession charges in the last five years will prohibit employment.
- No incident of crime, theft, fraud/misrepresentation, unethical financial or business dealings or poor personal credit history
- Physical ability to move safely (including vision, physical mobility and hearing) throughout a construction site
Hoffman has a comprehensive benefit package including competitive pay, 401(k) plan, health, vision, and dental insurance, FSA, life insurance, short term/long term disability, incentive bonus plan, PTO, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Vision insurance
- Three to five years
If you are interested in joining our team, please complete the employment application and email it, along with your resume, to our HR partner email@example.com.